Worms STEAL good health from your pets!
Your pet picks up worms when it eats infected soil or feces, wildlife, or when it licks contaminated paws. Nursing litters get infected from a wormy mother’s milk. Pyrantel is safe for use in pregnant and nursing pets.
Worms can infect people who touch their mouths with contaminated hands. |
Signs and symptoms of mature worms:
- passing a “spaghetti” worm in feces or stool
- diarrhea or bloody stool
- weight loss
- dull hair or fur
- potbellied appearance if severe
- coughing if worms move into lungs
How it Works:
Roundworms & hookworms are common in dogs & cats. Roundworms have little
teeth that attach to your pet’s intestines.
Your pet’s body does not absorb Pyrantel very well. Pyrantel works by paralyzing the
worms so they release their grip and pass in your pet’s feces. The expelled worms
remain alive in the soil for a short period of time
How to Use:
Note: Pyrantel Pamoate is not effective against tapeworms or whipworms. Side effects may include
vomiting. See manufacturer’s comments concerning possible drug interactions.
- Each treatment provides two doses of Pyrantel. Pet’s weight is required.
- Give one dose now and the second dose in 2 weeks.
- If you miss the second dose, give as soon as you remember.
- Easy to give by mouth or in food. Tastes like vanilla ice cream!